The Cricket World Cup Club Fund is replacing the ECB Small Grant Scheme for 2019. The Fund aims to support clubs engaged in the Cricket World Cup Club Programme, who want to enhance their facilities by improving digital capacity or catering provision. At least the first 2,000 affiliated clubs that are eligible will be allocated the grant on a first come, first served basis.
What is the offer?
Affiliated clubs can apply for a fixed grant of £1,000 for projects to Digitise their club or improve their Catering provision to support their involvement in the Cricket World Cup 2019 events programme. Projects must range from £1,000 to £10,000 - this range allows for meaningful projects that can be delivered in advance of the Cricket World Cup.
Who can apply?
Clubs will be considered eligible for the CWC Club Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- Your club is affiliated to ECB via their County Cricket Board (CCB) in 2019
- Your club has registered to take part in the Cricket World Cup Club programme
- Your club has a Constitution
- Your club has valid Buildings, Contents & Public Liability Insurance
- Your club has Security of Tenure – Leasehold, Freehold or Rental Agreement (minimum of one year)
The CWC Club Fund is designed to support projects based on two themes: Digitising Your Club and improving Catering Facilities
Digitise Your Club
If your project’s aim is to improve the digital facilities of your club, you’ll hopefully be able to provide an exciting and engaging environment for watching the action of the Cricket World Cup unfold. Here are a few ideas for a digital club project:
- Installation of broadband and/or WiFi, including routers
- Up to 6 months broadband subscription costs
- Audio/visual equipment including TVs, PA/sound systems and projectors
- Digital Point of Sale (POS) equipment such as card readers, tills etc.
A project to improve your club’s Catering Facilities could have a profound impact on the success of your CWC family day, while also providing an ongoing legacy for your clubhouse. Here are a few possibilities for inspiration:
- Catering equipment: Kitchen units, appliances, coffee machines, glass washers, BBQs, pizza ovens, bottle coolers, ice cream fridges, slush machines, etc
- Outdoor social areas including patios, decking, furniture etc
How to apply?
To get your application for the CWC Club Fund underway, read through these Guidance Notes then complete the application form. Please note that we cannot accept incomplete application forms, e.g. forms submitted without providing quotes.
Once you’ve completed your application form you can email it to us with your quote (s) at email@example.com.
This same email address can be used should you have any questions relating specifically to the Club Fund.