Why are my local clubs running Family Days?
- Celebrate what the club has to offer
- Bring more people to the cricket club – increase revenue, raise awareness of the club, grow club membership, connect existing club members and their families & friends
- Get involved and be a part of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup
- Provide a fun, exciting atmosphere in which to experience the excitement of the tournament
Where can I find local clubs?
- Use the ECB Club Finder tool
- Search social media for #CWC19Clubs – you’ll find local clubs with events going on
What do I need to do?
- Simply turn up, enjoy the activities and bring the whole family along!
When should we host our Family Day(s)?
- Whenever you like! We’d recommend the weekend of the 7 – 9 of June as this is when we’ll focus a lot of our marketing however you can hold it across any weekend throughout the World Cup
- The World Cup 2019 runs from 30th May 2019 to 14th July 2019
What should we do to make it a success?
- You’ll need to make sure people are aware of the event and what it will give them
- The event is shaped by the people who are going to be attending it
- Opportunities are maximised to bring in people, recruit volunteers and increase revenue
- Utilise the Marketing Packs we’ve sent you to deck out your club in Cricket World Cup merchandise
- Promote your event through your social media platforms, using #CWC19Clubs
- Promote your event through local channels: newspapers, magazines, posters in shops, church noticeboards etc
- Make sure you’ve provided ample food and drink for your attendees
What could it involve?
- Showcase playing opportunities – T20 (current v past or parents v children), Women’s and Girls’ Soft Ball Cricket, Vitality U19 Club T20, junior cricket activities (including All Stars) – matches and coaching etc
- Food and drink – from different cultures at the club, BBQ, beer festival, ice cream van, fish and chip van etc
- Multi-media feeds – show Wold Cup games live on TV
- Broader community engagement – other local sports clubs, crafts and businesses
- Children’s activities – face-painting, bouncy castle, clowns etc
We have a general question about the Cricket World Cup Club programme that's not covered in the FAQs or elsewhere on the website – what do we do?
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.